I am going to keep my writing for this week very simple--two top 5 lists:
HOW TO KNOW IF TEACHING IS NOT THE JOB FOR YOU:
1. You dread waking up every morning because of what faces you at school.
2. You count down every week until friday and every month until the next holliday.
3. You lack patience.
4. You want to be rich.
5. You don't like kids.
HOW TO KNOW IF TEACHING IS THE JOB FOR YOU:
1. You love your subject and you love young people.
2. You aren't too worried about making a ton of money.
3. You aren't afraid of public speaking.
4. You have extreme self control.
5. You like the idea of making a difference in people's lives.
Next week--mythbusting common myths about teaching and classroom discipline!
*SUBSCRIBE BELOW FOR email BLOG UPDATES!
The content of this site (withoutanger.com) should not be construed as professional and/or definitive advice for taking (or not taking) any particular course of action. The content of this site is not meant to be a substitute for professional advice and is intended merely for entertainment purposes. The owner, advertisers, web host, and writing staff of this site take no legal responsibility or liability for the quality, correctness, integrity, and accuracy of the content of this site.